DVCLS provides summary advice and legal representation for some immigration problems.
We can provide summary advice, including:
- Basic information on sponsorship applications for spouse, children, parents or other family to Canada
- Information on Humanitarian and Compassionate applications
- Information about the Pre Removal Risk Assessment (PRRA) process
- Basic advice on the refugee claim process at the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB), including appeal options and important deadlines
- Information on citizenship and permanent resident card renewal applications
We can represent you:
- If you are refused a legal aid certificate for other reasons than financial for a refugee case
- You are making a Humanitarian and Compassionate application
- You have a PRRA case
- You have to go to Federal Court, including motions to stay removal (usually for existing clients)
Whether we can represent you will depend on the merits of your case and our workload.
The Steps to Justice website offers step-by-step information about immigration law and other common legal problems.