Don Valley Community Legal offers limited document service for those who meet our financial and geographic guidelines. Photo ID is required and the document must be for the person requesting assistance. Document Service is offered by licensed lawyers (Notary Public) and/or licensed paralegals (Commission of Oaths)
Currently at the North (Leaside Office) services are offered on Thursday afternoons from 1:30 to 4:30 pm on a walk in basis.
Document Service at the South (Gerrard Office) is by appointment.
Document Services are provided exclusively for government, financial or legal purposes where they are necessary for the client, and may include:
- Income Verification Affidavits
- Daycare Subsidy Affidavits
- Notarial True Copies of Original Documents - no more than 10 copies per person (10 copies of 1 document or 1 copy of 10 documents each)
- Applications for Professional Accreditation (all applications must be fully completed before coming to the office)
Documents that will not be processed include
- Powers of Attorney or other legal documents required for out of country banking/property/real estate matters
- Letters of Permission for travel
- Letters of Invitation
- Estate documents where the estate is capable of paying for the legal processing fee
- Documents that are not in English or French (French documents will be referred to the South office and are by appointment)