How We Can Help
We are funded by Legal Aid Ontario. We provide legal services to low income persons living in the area bounded by: Lake Ontario on the South to York Mills/401 on the North and from Yonge Street/Don River on the West to Victoria Park Avenue on the East.
Legal advice and representation is provided in the following areas of law:
- Income Maintenance – Ontario Works (OW)/Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)/Canada Pension Plan CPP/Old Age Security (OAS)
- Canada Pension Plan – Disability (CPP-D)
- Employment Insurance and Employment Law
- Debt and Consumer Rights
- Human Rights – Limited assistance
- Affidavits and Certified True Copies in limited areas of law
At our South Office, we offer a Chinese speaking Clinic on Tuesday Afternoons.
We provide Public Legal Education seminars and workshops to specific groups in our catchment area, and to the general public. We also provide pamphlets and other informative information in different languages. Call us to arrange for a legal talk.
We participate in Law Reform initiatives aimed at protecting and promoting the legal interest of our community including test case litigation and appearances before municipal councils, legislative committees and public commissions and inquiries.
We participate in Community Development projects which assist clients to organize and form self-help groups focused on low income issues, such as tenant organizations. Clinic staff are actively involved in other anti-poverty and advocacy groups.